Edit This Page
In the reference section, you can find reference documentation for Kubernetes APIs, CLIs, and tools, as well as our glossary and design docs.
- Kubernetes API - The core API for Kubernetes.
- Autoscaling API - Manages autoscaling resources such as HorizontalPodAutoscalers.
- Batch API - Manages batch resources such as Jobs.
- Apps API - Manages apps resources such as StatefulSets.
- Extensions API - Manages extensions resources such as Ingress, Deployments, and ReplicaSets.
- kubectl - Runs commands against Kubernetes clusters.
- kube-apiserver - REST API that validates and configures data for API objects such as pods, services, replication controllers.
- kube-proxy - Can do simple TCP/UDP stream forwarding or round-robin TCP/UDP forwarding across a set of backends.
- kube-scheduler - A policy-rich, topology-aware, workload-specific function that significantly impacts availability, performance, and capacity.
- kubelet - The primary “node agent” that runs on each node. The kubelet takes a set of PodSpecs and ensures that the described containers are running and healthy.
Explore the glossary of essential Kubernetes concepts. Some good starting points are the entries for Pods, Nodes, Services, and ReplicaSets.
An archive of the design docs for Kubernetes functionality. Good starting points are Kubernetes Architecture and Kubernetes Design Overview.
Create an Issue
Edit this Page